Political Stuff That Amuses Me

Comments

5 Responses to “Political Stuff That Amuses Me”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

gwoertendyke said...

awesome. thank you.

i really like that you're posting this rather than grading.

September 24, 2008 at 9:14 PM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

Technically, now I'm not grading because I've been listening to Dubya try to explain the economy (I'm still taken with the quote about how it came as a revelation that financial markets were intertwined).

And I'm watching the old Simpsons Clinton/Dole episode and trying to think of a way to show it to my class. I'm sure, at some point, grading will force its way back into my life. Until then, "we must move forward, not backward, upward not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom."

September 24, 2008 at 9:43 PM
Rent Party said...

Is it just me or did he really sound at the beginning of his speech as though he were blaming the hoodwinked homeowners for having greedily overimagined the value of their houses?

September 26, 2008 at 9:37 AM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

It wasn't just you. And in moments where Palin tries her policy-legs off script, you'll sometimes hear her say something sounds very similar: that the problem wasn't business - they were just providing a service to a particular group of consumers. The implication is that because they were just fulfilling a demand by a group with questionable judgment, business shouldn't be blamed and deserves help the consumer wouldn't get.

September 27, 2008 at 2:10 PM