Maybe I Should Call Myself "Dr. Yossarian"

I do not know how I feel about this week. It should be cake, what with the holiday that wasn't really a holiday and all. But the first day back gave me the first taste of the term of what a back-to-back set of classes that were over-full felt like.

I. am. pooped.

And in weirder, oddly more exhausting news, somehow many people - read: seven - from high school found my Facebook profile, and now I'm interacting with them because it seems weird to decline their friend requests. Worse, though, this seems likely to bring a run-in with The Ex (you know, the one ex who defined what all ex's would be: the crazy one who appears year in and out to remind you why you broke up in the first place). I am not looking forward to this - and perhaps it won't happen.

Also, has anyone had any experience with The International Professor Exchange? It seems harmless and yet, my Curmudgeon-sense tingles. Perhaps it just seems like too good an idea to be true.

I'm in a rush to find a couple of good conferences, too, while trying to navigate my school's Byzantine system for helping with the conference we're presenting. I think Joseph Heller wrote Catch-22 about academia and only later substituted in the Army. Today I was sent to electronic forms that aren't being used, told my request to another department on campus must be faxed, and found out that food must be delivered prior to the tables it will rest on.

Hooray.

Comments

2 Responses to “Maybe I Should Call Myself "Dr. Yossarian"”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Sisyphus said...

:(

Good luck! You can do it! Only 98 more missions!

And remember, you can always shoot your own foot off if you feel like you can't go up in any more flights.

September 3, 2008 at 1:19 AM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

I don't think even being crazy here is quite enough to get me out. And goodness knows I've tried.

September 3, 2008 at 5:44 PM