Meme for Saturday Night

Because all this yammering about politics, finances, and jobs is soul-crushing in the extreme _and_ because I can't convince my roommate to turn off SNL even though to continue paying attention to it is going to make me do something horrible to my own eyes. It probably doesn't help that Sarah Palin has moved beyond someone I find amusing in any capacity to someone who seems to inspire the sorts of feelings in me that other people often express when asked about high school.

And so, I offer you a meme. You may recall I stopped tagging people for these things, but I do so love to see other people do things I do so if you tackle this, lemme know.

Onward!

1. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 8, find line 6. Write down what it says.
"...and theoretical articles are often similar in structure, but theoretical ar-..."

2. Stretch your left arm out as far as you can. What do you touch first?
The floor, if I fall over. The kitchen counter if my arm stretches nine feet.

3. What is the last thing you watched on TV?
SNL is on right now. Because I hate laughter, and I'm too lazy to change the channel.

4. WITHOUT LOOKING, guess what time it is
12:17

5. Now look at the clock, what is the actual time?
12:36

6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
crickets, my dog's sleeping noises, my will to live being slowly ground to paste by SNL skits

7. When did you last step outside? what were you doing?
about 10:30, to take the dog out to play frisbee

8. Before you came to this website, what did you look at?
Tabbed browsing makes this question obsolete.

9. What are you wearing?
Is this going to turn into one of those x-rated memes? Seriously, buy a boy a drink first and get to know me. Perv.

10. Did you dream last night?
Only of you, baby.

11. When did you last laugh?
I laugh a lot. Often at inappropriate things. You'd think this would give SNL a chance since the most inappropriate thing to laugh at would be something profoundly unfunny.

But no.

12. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A map, an abstract painting, my Miles Davis print

13. Seen anything weird lately?
Besides Sarah Palin interviews? Or an image of her face plowed into a cornfield? Nothing I can think of.

14. What do you think of this quiz?
At least it hasn't asked me about what I want my wedding to be like or what I'll name my kids or anything lame like that.

15. What is the last film you saw?
"Forbidden Kingdom" - it's what you get if you mix a Disney sports movie with "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon"

16. If you became a multi-millionaire overnight, what would you buy first?
A plane ticket or two and my way out of student loan debt.

17. Tell me something about you that I don't know
I secretly fear that every criticism or accusation against me is true and I'm just too dumb to realize it.

Or that if I had it all to do over again, I'd chuck it all and join a band.

18. If you could change one thing about the world, regardless of guilt or politics, what would you do?
Backup singers would be an easy option for anyone who wanted them.

19. Do you like to dance?
I like the thought of me dancing much more than actuality of it.

20. George Bush: is he a power-crazy nutcase or some one who is finally doing something that has needed to be done for years?
He's a power-crazy-nutcase who is doing something that's needed to be done for years: he's getting ready to leave the White House.

21. Imagine your first child is a girl, what do you call her?
Punkin'

22. Imagine your first child is a boy, what do you call him?
When this discussion happens, for whatever reason, my firstborn is always a girl. She's precocious and sarcastic and that's before she learns to talk.

23.Would you ever consider living abroad?
If it didn't mean putting my dog in quarrantine for months, I'd probably already have done it. And my inability to master more than three words of any foreign language certainly doesn't help.

Comments

2 Responses to “Meme for Saturday Night”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

gwoertendyke said...

very cute...i like the boy drink, perv, especially.

i'll take your non-tag as soon as i can do it.

September 29, 2008 at 5:22 PM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

Everyone likes the "boy, drink, perv." It's pretty much the road map for how my people procreate. ;)

Looking forward to your take on the meme.

September 29, 2008 at 11:13 PM