RBOC: Make Up Your Own Category for This

There's probably a lot to say here. But instead, you'll get bullets.
  • Saw my the first student while I was working out. To make matters worse, the little monster took the Elliptical I was planning on working on. It was great because twice as awkward is twice as much fun. But I'll remember it come reference letter time. Oh, yes!
  • Just flipped past a PBS commercial for some James Taylor special. As if James Taylor wasn't bad enough, there was a quick edit of someone getting into the James Taylor groove. There's nothing sadder than the site of someone finding rhythm to James Taylor.
  • Received a cranky e-mail from the university president noting I've not yet attended my sexual harassment seminar and informing me the next seminar is in a few weeks. Would it be impolite to reply that I'm on a nine month contract? Would it make matters worse if I gave them my hourly contracting rate?
  • Worse than my Spurs losing to my roommate's Lakers, the university department he loathes the most has vanished, taken over by the one I loathe most. This is like when my friend beat me in Risk last year after I forced him all the way back to Irkutsk on the longest streak of rolling sixes I've ever seen.
  • just received the Paris rejection, where I - without ever hearing about it - evidently made it onto the "long short list." Ah, well. On the bright side, the first viable job for me to apply for this next year has turned up. The job search is dead. Long live the job search.
And that's the news.

Comments

2 Responses to “RBOC: Make Up Your Own Category for This”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Wait! A job ad, already?!? Yeesh. Ree-diculous.

Is this a serious market run, or just looking to see if the irresistible comes along?

June 14, 2008 at 5:37 PM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

Yeah, I was surprised to see one out so soon. They usually don't start to appear until August.

I'm not sure how to answer about the seriousness of the search. The joy of having a job is I can be more choosy about where to apply, so I don't have to do 80+ aps anymore. But I want out of this city and region with a desire that burns so hot you could forge steel with it.

June 16, 2008 at 12:07 PM