RBOWhining

The Godfather
  • I am too tired to give you context.
  • I wish my students who cry at romantic comedies would cry at the news.
  • Why do interdepartmental decisions at this school feel like the meeting of the Five Families in "The Godfather"?
  • Apologies to E. but Daylight Savings Time screws with my head like a college first love. It's true, and I cannot hide it.
  • most of my blog visits recently have been related to the use of a Godzilla picture from way back. Perhaps this movie picture will catapult my views.

  • my 3rd year review is scheduled. I imagine they're going to tell me I'm not on enough committees despite my attempts to ask questions that make what committees I am on tremble in fear at the tasks I'll make them undertake if they push me too far.
  • just saw the tuition schedule here. Christ. Poor bastards. Literally.

Comments

4 Responses to “RBOWhining”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Sisyphus said...

I wish my students who cry at romantic comedies would cry at the news.

Ouch ---- this, this exactly encapsulates what I want to say about some of my students. Well put. Depressing as all hell.

March 11, 2008 at 10:34 PM
gwoertendyke said...

Daylight Savings Time screws with my head like a college first love.

lovely construction, really nice.

March 12, 2008 at 5:31 PM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

If only the Daylight Savings Time analogy weren't so true. Yesterday, I felt like I'd caught back up time-wise and was well-rested. Today, I think time is breaking up with me and going out with my best friend. It's freakish.

Also, welcome, Charlotte. I don't think I've seen you post before - always nice to see a new "face" around.

March 13, 2008 at 11:10 AM