Three Pointless Confessions

Finally, some understanding of why people claim to like Fall.

Sometimes a quick road trip is just the thing.

There's still no sense to the people who like Winter (I guess Goths have to have a season to enjoy, too), but it's nice to finally have some grasp of the mentality of the elusive Fall lovers.

---

Long weekend - zero productivity + big car repair = Ah, well!

The only plus side to this is that for the first time in something approaching five years, I was able to afford a big car repair without having to wait for months and give up things like friends and name brand canned goods. We'll call it progress.

---

Honestly, watching "Heroes" is like sending myself to nerd-conversion camp. Every week, it's like a beating that I've earned for liking comic books. It physically hurts me. And yet, I can't seem to stop watching. I think this may be the equivalent of wearing a hair shirt or self-flagellation. It's like a super-hero train wreck, attempting to set back every moment of mainstream acceptance of anything comic bookish.

And since I'm still stinging over the last 10 minutes of BSG's finale and am feeling a little underwhelmed by "Dollhouse" in Season 2. I need some nerd-hope to latch on to.

Comments

6 Responses to “Three Pointless Confessions”
Post a Comment | Post Comments (Atom)

Notorious Ph.D. said...

I wonder if I'd like Dollhouse better if I weren't still pining for Firefly.

October 12, 2009 at 11:06 PM
Anonymous said...

It hard for a nerd out there.

Ditto on the last 10 minutes of BSG. But, then again, I thought the last 2 seasons were pretty crappy and I kept watching ... wearing that hairshirt of nerd-dom with you.

At least you're not watching "Flashforward." That's for nerds who have no hope left.

October 13, 2009 at 8:18 PM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

I really liked the end of Season 1 of Dollhouse, but I'm already bored of the "Echo schizzes out then lets us know she remembers the personalities" bit.

I did try Flashforward, but it just didn't click for me: it felt like it was trying to be Lost, and that also got too old for me.

Still, I think "Heroes" is the worst.

October 13, 2009 at 8:26 PM
ash said...

The last episode of Dollhouse looked pretty promising. Plus there's the upcoming Summer Glau-as-genius-programmer plot line to look forward to. (Okay, so I probably could have just stopped at Summer Glau. Or maybe that's just me.) And, if nothing else, I do enjoy seeing how many former characters from my other favorite geek shows (Firefly, BSG, and soon, T:SCC) Joss Whedon can recruit to the Dollhouse.

Gave up on Heroes last season. Just. Can't Do.It. Anymore. In fact, I can't even muster the energy to read the always-hilarious Heroes-trashing posts on io9 anymore. It's come to that.

October 15, 2009 at 9:10 PM
Dr. Curmudgeon said...

Summer Glau does give me some hope - and I'm glad that she's (thus far, at least) not playing the usual slightly creepy character. But I can't help feeling that the wrong horse between Dollhouse and T:SCC may have been backed, particularly since Fox has said they'll air the 13 filmed episodes but (at present) they aren't paying for any Dollhouse episodes beyond that.

October 15, 2009 at 9:21 PM
ash said...

Yeah, although I am still enjoying Dollhouse, I agree that T:SCC had more potential. Still can't believe it was canceled. I miss it!

October 17, 2009 at 2:17 PM